Plaace (/pleɪs/) is a rapidly growing Norwegian tech start-up. We are working towards an awesome vision of creating vibrant streets and cities that people truly love. Plaace uses data insights to help restaurants, shops and services find the best possible place for their first or next location. We have a live product, customers in the Norwegian market and plan to go international in 2022.
As our new Software Engineer, you will take a central role in developing our cutting edge platform utilizing modern technologies and tools. The primary building blocks of the platform are now in place, and your role will be to keep building highly desired functionality and make the platform perform perfectly across users, companies and geographies. We are offering our users a complex, modular product wrapped in an elegant and user friendly interface, and it is your responsibility to make this technological magic happen.
You will work in a multidisciplinary team consisting of talented Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Designers and Business experts, from capturing user needs to shipping and maintaining elegant code. You will strongly influence how technical challenges should be solved, and what technologies and tools should be used.
We are looking for a brilliant individual motivated to work with a modern technology stack to make a beyond state of the art platform. Preferably you have a passion for urban development, retail or property as well, and want to contribute in making vibrant streets and cities around the world. We offer you a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join a startup at full speed with a good compensation package and a competitive share option program.
What you will do
- Develop the Plaace platform to deliver consistent customer value by designing, developing, integrating and maintaining software solutions and functionality
- Own what you make and choose the tools and technologies you want to work with
- Work with all parts of the solution, front end, backend, analysis unit etc.
- Support in driving best practices such as agile processes (scrum/kanban), CI, unit testing, clean code, pair programming / code reviews
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis and collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
Technologies in use
- React, Next.js and Node.js
- Postgresql with PostGIS
- Git and Github actions
- 2-5 years of professional experience working across the full software development lifecycle, from conception, architecture definition, detailed design, scoping, planning, implementation, testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline with strong academic results, alternatively compensated by highly relevant work experience
- Experience with the current, modern Plaace technology stack: Typescript, React, Next.js, Node.js, and Git
- Experience with Python, Docker, PostgreSQL with PostGIS, and AWS/Google cloud is an advantage
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Passionate about making awesome clean and modifiable code
- Self-driven with a proven ability to structure work and produce high-quality deliverables
- Motivated to work together with a team making kick ass product together.